IN Series Presents: Entirety – Inclusion in Education for all Children
A roundtable of invited participants who will discuss educational access and inclusion for children.
Entirety will facilitate discourse among a range of invited people with experience and expertise involving education and children including; teachers, writers, parents, advocates, policymakers, researchers and professionals. This discussion roundtable brings together people with a common passion of accessibility and inclusion issues involving children ages 5-12 years old for their insights and input.
The goals of this roundtable discussion are to:
- Share and learn about best educational practices
- Build awareness of work in related fields
- Help solve problems/challenges
- Network and make connections
Dialogue may include areas such as: Policy, Mechanisms and Agents of Change, Social Interactions, Pedagogy, Integration and Specialization, Evaluation, Attitudes and Environment.
- Logan Anderson (Toronto District Board School)
- Gary Bunch (York University)
- Shannon Crossman (Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital)
- Mitchell Curci (Learning Disabilities Association of Canada)
- Christine De Angelis (Kids Can Make a Difference)
- Sara Grimes (University of Toronto)
- Tyler Hnatuk (Canadian Association for Community Living)
- Ranee Lee (Toronto Children’s Playwork, and OCAD U)
- Sonja Liter (Bloorview School Authority)
- Gillian Parekh (York University)
- Jack Pearpoint (Inclusion Press)
- George Postlethwait (ASL Teacher)
- Alastair Sharp (parent)
- Geoffrey Shea (OCAD U)
- Robert Stenekes (Halton District School Board)
- Elizabeth Sweeney (OCAD U)
- Melanie Tait (The TeachAble Project – OESC)
- Mike Tissenbaum (OISE – University of Toronto)
- Jutta Treviranus (OCAD U)
- Richard Volpe (Institute of Child Study, OISE, University of Toronto)
- Michael Walker (TST University of Toronto)
Moderator: Vera Roberts (OCAD University)
Date: Monday, April 28, 2014
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Participatory Inclusive Design Lab, Room 4904
Inclusive Design Institute, OCAD University
49 McCaul Street, Toronto, Ontario.
IN Series is a series of public presentations and events on a wide variety of topics from the engaging and thought provoking field of Inclusion: Accessibility, Health, Education, Art, Culture and Design hosted by the Inclusive Design Institute (IDI), at OCAD University. The IDI is a hub of applied research that addresses the challenge of design that is inclusive of the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender and age, including users with disabilities, language needs and various cultural preferences.
Please contact email@example.com for any accessibility needs.
For more information, to RSVP to be an audience member, and for any accessibility requirements please contact:
Post Doctoral Fellow at the Inclusive Design Institute,
OCAD University, 49 McCaul Street, Toronto.
T: 416-977-6000 Ext. 4672