Inclusive Design Research Centre
The Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) is a research and development centre at OCAD University where an international community of open source developers, designers, researchers, advocates, and volunteers work together to ensure that emerging information technology and practices are designed inclusively. The group promotes inclusion in a full complement of activities:
- growing design and development practices
- creating tools that others can use and contribute to
- teaching the principles and techniques of inclusive design
- advocating for inclusion in international standards
- providing services that match solutions with individuals
The IDRC supports open standards – as well as open access and open source wherever possible – to distribute our work as widely as possible and to encourage broad participation in our initiatives. All our work is collaborative.
Decapod is a project focused on building a low-cost digitization solution that will allow for rare materials, materials held in collections without large budgets, and other scholarly content to be digitized into a high-quality PDF format. This project will work to incorporate the hardware and software necessary to accomplish this goal.